Re: mad as a hatter

On Sun, Apr 11, 2010 at 6:32 PM, Danny Ayers <danny.ayers@gmail.com> wrote:
> Apologies for ranting on list.
>
> But...

...but you do have a point. It is about time the payoff from these
technologies was more tangible, or we figured out what's
not-quite-right.

Re ranting, there's always IRC for that; #swig irc.w3.org is as good a
place as any to let off steam...

Talking of which, may I remind everyone that you have a short (very
short - not sure exactly though) while left to submit something to
W3C's upcoming RDF Next Steps workshop, see
http://www.w3.org/2009/12/rdf-ws/cfp

"...It is therefore time to consider whether a revision of the 2004
version of RDF is necessary or whether the community can continue
developing with the current version."

"Please, use the online form to make your submission, no later than 2010-04-11."

The form is at http://cgi.w3.org/cgi-bin/ops/rdf-ws/ ("*Paper (pdf,
text file, html, or zip/gzip archive), hmm since when did PDF take
precedence over HTML around here?)" ... but I'm not sure what timezone
the 2010-04-11 constraint lives in. My guess is if the form closes at
midnight, it will be Boston midnight. Either way, if you have views on
where RDF should go next, this is a chance to make sure W3C takes them
into consideration when planning the next stage of the SemWeb
activity.

cheers,

Dan