Re: Public SPARQL endpoints for generic usage

On Sat, 2010-04-10 at 18:33 +0100, Andy Seaborne wrote:
> It would be good if more general SPARQL processors were available to
> spread the risk of any one of them being down.

+1. OTOH, the public endpoint should keep a volume of "core" LOD data in
sync with master servers. That's why I'm writing RDF replication now,
both publishing/subscription and diff/patch. When complete, it would be
cheap for volunteers to set up a Virtuoso, load the dump once, start the
subscription and announce a new public endpoint. Or, alternatively, set
up a different sort of storage, load the dump once and either add some
support for diff/patch or periodically download archives of RDF files
and batches SPARUL statements to execute.

Best Regards,

Ivan Mikhailov
OpenLink Software
http://virtuoso.openlinksw.com