Re: its name

Hi.
Actually I think that URL has entered the mainstream - if I use URI to
non-tech people, they look puzzled, and ask if I mean URL.
And as for http://
Back in 2001 the ITU dropped it for their standards (ITU-T Recommendation
E.123) - http://www.itu.int/rec/T-REC-E.123-200102-I/en
If a conservative body like that thought it was not good, don't know why
anyone has been using it the last 10 years.

So my guess is that we are stuck with "web address" and URL, and have ot
live with that.
Cheers
Hugh