Re: Vocabulary re-use

Alexander Johannesen wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 21:27, AzamatAbdoullaev <abdoul@cytanet.com.cy> wrote:
>> As such, it is not "semantic web", but rather "meaningless web", where
>> we have most succeeded :-).
>
> Well, it's more like the super-semantic web. And in a sense, something
> closer to human cognition. And inevitable. And a very human
> development. And expected. And about time. So, not "meaningless web",
> but "over-meaning web." We cannot define this problem away; we must
> design systems around it, with it at the centre core, find ways to
> make systems not so over-sensitive. I smell anti-patterns coming out
> of the closet.
>
> Alex

I would like to think there is a sweet spot somewhere between
strengthening and popularizing existing vocabularies and planning for
the inevitable distribution of data structures and schemes.  In the end,
I'm fearful of over centralizing how data is published.  At the same
time, I would think the open source development model should apply,
where the most useful vocabularies will bubble to the top.

Aaron