Re: tweet2rdf vocabulary convergence

From: Benjamin Nowack <bnowack@semsol.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 15:35:05 +0200
To: Alexandre Passant <alexandre.passant@deri.org>
Cc: Semantic Web <semantic-web@w3.org>
On 28.09.2009 13:39:32, Alexandre Passant wrote:
>For instance, for mentioned people, it should be enough to use
>sioc:topic or other related property and mention that the linked
>resource is a foaf:person, e.g.
>
>:mytweet sioc:topic :alex .
>:alex a foaf:Person .
I'd like to keep things simple and close to the source format where
possible. Other tools could still infer sioc:topic from
tweet:mentionedUser (os somesuch), but I wouldn't enforce this
in the initial source. SPARQLing real-time data will get heavy
enough even with flat properties, I guess...

>Author-avatar profile can also be addressed with the sioc:User
>properties (sioc:avatar)
yep. I also like the statusnet approach of attaching the postIcon
to the tweet/dent and not the user. Less JOINs and faster
processing.

>We also discussed the possibility of adding the recipient list in SIOC
>(e..g for e-mails - can be also used in microblog) several time, might
>be time to finally add that sioc:recipient in the spec.
That would be cool. Would the range be the account URL (i.e. sioc:User
or foaf:OnlineAccount)? Twitter doesn't have person URIs, just account
URIs, for example.

Thanks for the suggestions!
Benji