Re: how to consume linked data

Danny,

Public ontology and open API, I believe they are the key for utilizing
linked data.

Do not try to direct all the possible usage of the linked data for user,
because it would be impossible and many time unwelcome even. By contrast,
publish the APIs users may adopt and compose to create their own perspective
over the defined ontology. To me, this seems to be the key of facilitating
the use of linked data.

In primary, the way of consuming linked data is to allow the regrouping (in
semantics) of the linked data. If a service may provide this flexibility of
usage for the users, the goal of linked data consumption could be achieved.
Otherwise, the service would just be stubborn and lack of flexibility, and
it would miss the main purpose why we want to have data linked in the first
place.

yihong

--
Yihong Ding