Re: Linked Data Mash-a-thon

Giovanni Tummarello wrote:
>> Do Data Architects, Systems Designers, Data Integrators, and people with
>> other data oriented technical skill sets not have a look-in here? I don't
>> think these profiles gravitate to events that carry the  "Hacking" theme.
>>

> they'd be probably networking and or following the conference rather
> than being doing on the fly code :-)
> those that instead "would get bored otherwise" usually funnel into these things.
>
> Caters certain needs..
> Giovanni
>
> p.s. as i was saying to juan i might be able to put some $$$ for a
> prize if we really do it (need to check with accounting)

Giovanni,

Here is a very critical and serious point re. any Linked Data Gathering.

In my dream scenario this is how it would work (in short this is what I
hoped for a few years ago when the Cambridge Gatherings started):

1. Linked Data enthusiasts (heterogeneous profiles) gather at some event
2. Someone tosses out a HTTP URI that Identifies something that has a
structured description, he/she does their thing with it (maybe shows off
their browser, query tool, data store, etc.)
3. Another person comes along shows something else, but the subject HTTP
URI doesn't change until another becomes more interesting, in line with
session progression.

Its the year 2009, I really don't see anything mercurial about the
dogfooding pattern outlined above.

Linked Data meme is not about programmers solely. Its supposed to be
inherently inclusive :-)

--

Regards,

President & CEO