Re: Linked Data Mash-a-thon

Juan Sequeda wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> Chatting with John Goodwin, and idea came up of organizing a Linked
> Data mash-a-thon during ISWC. There is a lot of Linked Data out there,
> enough tools to do cool stuff, and this is the biggest semantic web
> meeting, so why not show the world the cool things that can be done
> with Linked Data, in a short period of time. I haven't thought about
> details, but this could run for the whole conference, or have an
> afternoon session where everybody comes in and codes up an mashup. We
> can then showcase what we have done as 1 min lightning talks. My
> objective is to get people out of this community excited about Linked
> Data and what they can do with it.
>
> Anybody interested in participating and/or helping organize.
>
> Juan Sequeda, Ph.D Student
> Dept. of Computer Sciences
> The University of Texas at Austin
> www.juansequeda.com <http://www.juansequeda.com>
> www.semanticwebaustin.org <http://www.semanticwebaustin.org>
Why Mash-a-thon when Linked Data is ultimately about Data Meshing? Words
matter a great deal when introducing critical stages of evolution
witning any innovation continuum (which includes the Web), really.

You don't need Linked Data for Mashups. The literal realm of Web 2.0
technologies handle that fine.

Linked Data is supposed to be about addressing those things aren't
handled by Mashups -- which are simply about brute force presentation
layer confined data recombinations, with code at the terminal.

I would only be interested in a Linked Data oriented Mesh-a-thon :-)

--

Regards,

President & CEO