Re: Project idea: cviki (or some better name than that)

Hi all,

Maybe that structWSF, conStruct & some extensions to conStruct developed
by the community could meet these needs. I would suggest you to take a
look at the two systems here:

http://openstructs.org/structwsf/ (structWSF)
http://constructscs.com (conStruct)

Here are some observations:

Security would be managed by structWSF (the current security is basic,
but will be extended in middle term to certificates). Otherwise, any CV
& dictionaries of skills can already be loaded within structWSF to let
the current tools being aware (and leveraging in term of inference,
display, etc) of this kind of structure.

Templates can be developed for conStruct (based on Smarty & a special
Smarty API to leverage structured data).

So, all the structured data management (and access & security) is
handled by one or multiple structWSF instance(s). Then the UI is handled
by conStruct/Drupal or anything else that you see fits.

What would be needed to be developed is anything that is not generic:
some special searches capabilities, special display stuff, etc. But all
these extensions would getany data from structWSF.

Just my two cents to this conversation. I think this is something that
can be considered for such a project.

Thanks!

Take care,

Fred