From: "Toby Inkster" <tai@g5n.co.uk>
To: "Niklas Lindström" <lindstream@gmail.com>
Cc: "Semantic Web" <semantic-web@w3.org>
Sent: Wednesday, September 02, 2009 1:14 PM
Subject: Re: Vocabularies for file data, content events, errors

On 2 Sep 2009, at 10:37, Niklas Lindström wrote:

> * simple file data properties, describing:
>   - checksum+algorithm (and/or direct properties for md5, sha1/-2  etc.),
>   - filename/slug (unless dct:identifier is suitable enough?).

foaf:sha1 exists, but that might not be much use if you if you want
to...

> * content-related events, such as "the act of reading from a
> dataset/collection (e.g. a feed)", "create", "update" and specifically
> "delete" (or "deletion")

... track changes to the document's hash over time.

> Currently we use AtomOwl to represent versioned entries

That's probably a pretty good start.

If you add in an events ontology (and I'd recommend starting with
Yves Raimond's one and building on top of it) then you should be able
to define a EntryChange class as a subclass of Yves' ev:Event class
with accompanying previousVersion (subproperty of ev:factor) and
subsequentVersion (subproperty of ev:product).

Building on Yves' ontology for tracking document changes is more or
less what I've done here:

http://ontologi.es/status

--
Toby A Inkster