Re: RDF 2 Wishlist: Turtle Syntax

Hello,

Axel Polleres schrieb:
> ok, so this is a wishlist, so I am allowed to just add my "in an ideal
> world"-personal-my-private-little-hat-on favorites :-)

[...]
> - Annotations for RDF: apart from quads/named graphs, you want to give
> arbitrary annotations to RDF triples
>   (time, provenance, trust, etc.). Is reification (without any real
> reification semantics) which is the
>   only existing way to support annotations, really the right way to
> solve this?
>   I think that would be a good time to taking a step back and looking at
> triple-level annotations with
>   fresh eyes once more?

+1

Annotations on triple basis have been a major problem in several of our
(and other) projects, e.g. DBpedia. OWL 2 Axiom Annotations (or to a
lesser extent RDF reification) provide the necessary means to do add
meta information, but do not have a very nice RDF encoding (which is a
significant problem in very large knowledge bases). Thinking about
(optional) statement identifiers or similar concepts for RDF 2 would be
very welcome.

Kind regards,

Jens

--