Re: RDF 2 Wishlist

On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 12:53 PM, Damian Steer <pldms@mac.com> wrote:
> Simon Reinhardt wrote:
>> Damian Steer wrote:
>>> * Prefixes: warn if some standard set not 'correct'. Have 'grab all'
>>> namespace.
>>
>> Can you please elaborate on that? Not sure what you mean here.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>  Simon
>
> Yeah, that was far too brief.
>
> On the first bit: issue warnings if rdf / rdfs / owl / foaf / dc (!!?)
> aren't assigned to the usual uris. Catch some basic problems.

This is getting further away from RDF and into various grammars, but
these are certainly pain points.

Why just catch when namespaces are not as expected and provide
warnings? Why not define a default set? I, for one, hate having to
look up the URIs for rdf, rdfs, owl, etc. In fact, most of my systems
include these namespaces by default, and only drop these defaults if
you do the "correct thing" and include them manually.

Regards,
Paul Gearon