Re: bootstrapping decentralized sparql

Hi Sandro, all,

On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 11:14:49PM -0400, Sandro Hawke wrote:
> The result here will be that a query for a foaf:Person with a
> foaf:firstName of "Sandro" can be *complete*, at least across all graphs
> which choose to register themselves as having data about instances of
> the foaf:Person class and triples using the foaf:firstName property.

I like the idea to put more intelligence into the web infrastructure.
It'd be great if the trackers include keyword search functionality as
well.  Keyword search is a very useful starting point for querying,
especially if users don't (yet) know the schema the data is expressed in.

Unfortunately, SPARQL is not sufficient here since it doesn't have
a uniform syntax for keyword search (yes, various endpoint implementations
do keyword search, but each has its own way of doing so, and constructing
regex's to mimick keyword search seems like a bad hack).

Regards,
Andreas.
--
http://visinav.deri.org/