Re: Yet Another LOD cloud browser

I have difficulty in interpreting what you say - we are looking at the same "linked data browser" page?:
http://ec2.monrai.com:8890/facets/
All I can see is a page that says: "Lookup things named "" " So the only possibility of linked data browsing is to put in something with a name.
So I put something topical in (from this list).
Since I see
  <Station rdf:about="http://ontologi.es/rail/stations/gb/MAN">
    <foaf:name xml:lang="en">Manchester Piccadilly</foaf:name>
I try "Manchester Piccadilly" and get some response, but nothing leads me to
http://ontologi.es/rail/stations/gb/MAN.rdf or any of the data I find there.
Similarly topical from this list, I find no way of browsing http://foaf.qdos.com/lastfm/people/keithalexander#me or getting to that page by searching for "Keith Alexander".

I also see no way of doing "3. Raw URI Lookup" of this URI.

I assert that if this is a "linked data browser", then since
http://ontologi.es/rail/stations/gb/MAN.rdf conforms (I think) to "How to Publish Linked Data on the Web", then I should be able to browse it using the browser.
If I can't, then it is not a "linked data browser".

Of course, this browser is very capable of browsing your excellent single site, but that is not the same thing, I am sorry to say.

Best
Hugh
PS
Thank you for pointing out this is not in EC2.
I have difficulty working out what is in the cloud and what is not, as it appears to be opaque, which I think is the idea.

On 15/05/2009 21:16, "Kingsley Idehen" <kidehen@openlinksw.com> wrote:

Hugh Glaser wrote:
> Dear Sherman,
> It's great to have more activity, and all strength to you.
> However, I would like to ask if you could modify some of your description to more accurately reflect what it is doing.
> Referring to the dataset as the "public LOD cloud instance of Virtuoso" suggests that it is browsing all the LOD data, which it is not.
> Also, I am not sure it is right to call it a "linked data browser"; I can't work out how to use it to browse any other sites than the Virtuoso EC2 one.

Hugh,

What do you mean by: I can't work out how to use it to browse any other
sites than the Virtuoso EC2 one? For starters, this isn't an EC2 hosted
instance. Its a huge Quad Store with 4.5 Billion+ (and counting)
triples. You find entities and their descriptions via:

1. Full Text Search Patterns
2. Entity URI Lookup by Label
3. Raw URI Lookup

There is a Tab for each.

When you find an entity and open up its description, you can click on
"Statistics" to explore other relationships and/or how we've handle
owl:sameAs, IFPs etc..

If the above, don't get you where you want to be, then you can also
start from the VoiD graph at: http://lod.openlinksw.com/void/Dataset.
And of course, if all fails, you can simply use the SPARQL endpoint at:
http://lod.openlinksw.com/sparql .

If data is missing simply give me an example of a query that works in
your data space and we'll look into why its missing in ours.

Kingsley

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen       Weblog: http://www.openlinksw.com/blog/~kidehen