Re: vCard - Old vs. New?

From: Damian Steer <pldms@mac.com>
Date: Fri, 08 May 2009 11:45:16 +0100
Cc: semantic-web at W3C <semantic-web@w3c.org>
To: Mark Birbeck <mark.birbeck@webbackplane.com>

On 7 May 2009, at 20:40, Mark Birbeck wrote:

> I've used the term 'argot' to describe a collection of terms for a
> particular purpose. They don't necessarily all belong to the same
> vocabulary, but by grouping them together, it makes it easier for
> people to get a handle on the terms that they might use in a
> particular context.

By the sounds of it this is much the same as an 'Application
Profile' [1] in the DC community. I tried using OWL (+ closed world
reasoning) to express them, which sounds similar. Your term has the
virtue of brevity, and I may steal it :-)

Damian

[1] <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Application_profile>