Re: Semantic Debate and Reasoning Web Application

From: Tore Eriksson <tore.eriksson@po.rd.taisho.co.jp>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 12:48:39 +0900
To: Cerin <chrisspen@gmail.com>
Cc: semantic-web@w3.org
Hi Chris,

> Hi,
>
> I'm at the brainstorming stage of a semantic application, and I'd like to
> get some feedback. I'd like to create a web application that would provide a
> structured debating format that would incorporate semantic rules and logic
> entered by users. The basic idea is that a user would enter an assertion,
> evidence, and definitions, and other users would vote on the accuracy of
> these elements, or extend them with their own arguments. The system would
> also make an attempt to validate logical arguments, and show where a user's
> line of reasoning is incomplete, flawed, or contradictory, and would need
> correction or clarification.

"Argumentation" might be similar to what you are proposing:
http://journals.cambridge.org/action/displayAbstract?fromPage=online&aid=58581

An application in bioinformatics is presented in (open access article):
http://bioinformatics.oxfordjournals.org/cgi/content/full/24/13/i304

Tore

<> dc:creator [
   foaf:name "Tore Eriksson",
             "トーレ エリクソン"@jp;
   foaf:mbox_sha1sum "2bd9291b301f112775e118f96eb63314594b1a86";
   foaf:workplaceHomepage <http://www.taisho.co.jp/> ].