Semantic Web project in the Dell Social Innovation Competition

From: Juan Sequeda <juanfederico@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 10:28:38 -0600
To: Semantic Web <semantic-web@w3.org>, public-lod <public-lod@w3.org>
Hi Everybody

I hope this is not out of line with the policies of the mailing list, if so,
I apologize. However, I believe it may be of interest to the Semantic Web
community.

I submitted a project to the Dell Social Innovation Competition where I am
essentially using semantic web technologies to do database integration over
databases of Displaced and Migrant population. The objective is to put all
this technology into a real and practical social action. Part of this
competition is based on votes, so I would widely appreciate any votes on
this project:
http://www.dellsocialinnovationcompetition.com/apex/ideaView?id=087800000005H83AAE

Thanks, and I apologize if this email is out of line.

Juan Sequeda, Ph.D Student
Dept. of Computer Sciences
The University of Texas at Austin
www.juansequeda.com