RE: ANN: sameas.org

Hello Hugh,

/me catching up on some much missed reading...

Cool service.

I saw this in you're exchanges with Richard...

> <http://sameas.org/rdf?uri=http://richard.cyganiak.de/foaf.rdf%23cygri
> >>
> >        dc:title "Co-references from sameAs.org for foaf.rdf#cygri" .
> Seems good, goes on the list.
> >
> > Then, a foaf:primaryTopic triple would make several tools (most of all
> > Tabulator) very happy:

which come close to an idea that occurred to me. It's not clear whether there is any ranking to the order in which alternatives are presented. Take for example: http://southampton.rkbexplorer.com/id/person-07113 which lists (today) 64 alternatives. One of those is one that we know (out of band) that the indiviudal concerned uses to refer to themselves and perhaps ought to be deemed preferable to all the others. Ok. Knowing that from some sort of crawl would likely be a no starter although the #me or #i idiom is a bit of a clue. Maybe use counts could usefully contribute to a ranking. Such a feedback mechanism might drive toward widespread use of a dominant URI... with of course a few surviving outlyers. Systems might also adapt the URIs that they publish in the direction of such dominant URI.

OTOH... one might just say, aliases are a fact of life... things are going to have several... just live with it.

BR

Stuart