Re: Owning URIs (Was: Yet Another LOD cloud browser)

Dear Sherman, note that no matter what query tool or browser you are using,
it is necessary to tune the underline database to achieve your performance
requirements. Enabling all Explorator's repositories mean that you want to
query several databases and sparql enpoint at the same time. When you do so,
Explorator queries a federation of endpoints, groups all results and
retrieves an  unique set of triples. Of course, you should keep in mind that
we have not tune our sesame or virtuoso instances to achieve the best
performance, also we have not created FTS for sesame or virtuoso yet.
Again, such performance problem will be encountered no matter what system
you use.

About sesame, we are using it just as a proof of concept, however you can
extend Explorator adapters to connect to others rdf repositories. At the
moment, Explorator is able to connect to whatever sparql endpoint (we have
tested it for Virtuoso and Sesame endpoints.) you want. Keep in mind that we
can not guarantee performance for external endpoints. Most of them retrieve
timeout when you do a complex query that takes longer that a few
milleseconds.

Regards,

Samur Araujo
TECWEB