Re: Research Trends

From: Paola Di Maio <paola.dimaio@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2009 21:42:26 +0100
To: Champika Manel <champikam@uom.lk>
Cc: semantic-web@w3.org
Champika

I have been following this topic for some years, and there is little way to
truly monitor what is happening, especially because the research community
does not seem to have a controlled vocabulary, so even the terminology that
researchers use is not homogeneous

One interesting way of studying research trends is via  analyzing citation
networks
a couple of links below, fyi

i would be interested to learn your findings, if you ever pursue this route

Best
PDM

http://cluster.cis.drexel.edu/~cchen/citespace/<http://cluster.cis.drexel.edu/%7Ecchen/citespace/>

www.eers.org/powerpoint/Lecy,%20EERS%202008.ppt