Re: Sig.ma - live views on the web of data

From: Leigh Dodds <leigh.dodds@talis.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 16:19:42 +0100
To: Giovanni Tummarello <giovanni.tummarello@deri.org>
Cc: semantic-web at W3C <semantic-web@w3c.org>, Linking Open Data <public-lod@w3.org>
Hi,

Nice service. I like how the descriptions are progressively enhanced.

As is usual with a new search engine I instantly did a vanity search.
Somehow it seems to have merged me with my children, wife and parents.
I think the data is all correct, so perhaps some over-aggressive
smushing in there somewhere?

Cheers,

L.

2009/7/23 Giovanni Tummarello <giovanni.tummarello@deri.org>:
> Dear Web of Data enthusiasts,
>
> we are very happy to share with you today the first public version of
> Sigma,  http://sig.ma ,  a browser, a mashup engine and an API for the
> web of data.
>
> here is blog post with screencast, sample "sigma" embedded mashup etc.
>
> http://blog.sindice.com/2009/07/22/sigma-live-views-on-the-web-of-data/
>
> Sig.ma is heavily based on Sindice but also takes important hints from
> Yahoo BOSS,  the OKKAM service and likely several others soon
>
> cheers
>
> Giovanni, also on behalf of all -  Michele Catasta, Richard Cyganiak
> and Szymon Danielczyk who worked specifically on this but also
> .. and of the Data Intensive Infrastructure Group, DERI as a whole.
> http://di2.deri.ie/team/

Leigh Dodds
Programme Manager, Talis Platform
Talis