Re: Dons flame resistant (3 hours) interface about Linked Data URIs

From: Steve Harris <steve.harris@garlik.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 10:40:45 +0100
To: semantic-web at W3C <semantic-web@w3c.org>, public-lod@w3.org
On 10 Jul 2009, at 01:22, Hugh Glaser wrote:
> If I can't simply publish some RDF about something like my dog, by
> publishing a file of triples that say what I want at my standard web
> site,
> we have broken the system.

I couldn't agree more.

<rant subject="off-topic syntax rant of the decade">
Personally I think that RDF/XML doesn't help, it's too hard to write
by hand. None of the other syntaxes for RDF triples really have the
stamp of legitimacy. I think that's something that could really help
adoption, the the same way that strict XHTML, in the early 1990's
wouldn't have been so popular with people (like me) who just wanted to
bash out some text in vi.
</>

- Steve

--
Steve Harris
Garlik Limited, 2 Sheen Road, Richmond, TW9 1AE, UK