Re: .htaccess a major bottleneck to Semantic Web adoption / Was: Re: RDFa vs RDF/XML and content negotiation

Hi Martin, all,

I would like to point to something that might be useful for RDF data
publishing. The ReDeFer RDF2HTML service
(http://rhizomik.net/redefer/) renders input RDF/XML data as HTML for
user interaction (e.g. as used in http://rhizomik.net/rhizomer/). Now,
it also embeds RDFa that facilitates retrieving the source RDF back.

I've tested it with a pair of GoodRelations examples:
http://rhizomik.net/redefer-services/rdf2html?rdf=http://www.heppnetz.de/projects/goodrelations/minimalExampleGoodRelations.owl
http://rhizomik.net/redefer-services/rdf2html?rdf=http://www.heppnetz.de/projects/goodrelations/goodrelationsExamplesPrimerFinalOWL.owl

I've been able to check that it works for these examples by comparing
the triples generated by RDFa Distiller and RDFa Bookmarklet from the
previous HTML+RDFa pages to those generated by any23 and Triplr from
the original OWL files.

The generated HTML+RDFa can be then used in order to publish RDF just
by Cut&Paste, e.g. using an online editor like FCKEditor. This has
been the procedure followed in order to publish the RDF in
http://rhizomik.net/redefer/rdf2html/minimalExampleGoodRelations/

The HTML+RDFa view might be customised using CSS and made more usable
if the source RDF contains rdfs:labels for the involved resources,
which are used instead of the last part of the URIs if available.

In any case, if it is no to be shown to the user, it is easier to just
model triples using hidden <spans> instead of using this service...

Best regards,

Roberto García
http://rhizomik.net/~roberto

PD: Caution, this is work in progress. Feedback appreciated :-)