Re: [Ann] LinkedGeoData.org

From: Sören Auer <auer@informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2009 15:43:34 -0400
To: Ian Davis <me@iandavis.com>
CC: SW-forum <semantic-web@w3.org>, Linking Open Data <public-lod@w3.org>, okfn-discuss <okfn-discuss@lists.okfn.org>, linked-geo-data@googlegroups.com
Ian Davis wrote:
 > Very nice. How long do you think it will take for the entire dataset
 > to be available?

That might take another week or so, but for most use cases the elements
data set should be sufficient, since it contains the most interesting
information.
I guess the complete dataset will be a real challenge for most triple
stores - not that they won't be able to store the data, but efficient
querying will be very challenging and I even have some doubts that it is
reasonable to use this data with a triple store at all. But we will try
to make it available anyway ;-)

 >  Open streetmap are voting soon on whether to adopt the open data
 > commons sharealike database license. If they adopt it will you also
 > adopt it for this data?

Sure!

--Sören