Re: Content Negotiation and HTTP 303 Redirect Code Samples

Tom Heath wrote:
> Great work Juan, thanks. The community owes you a beer or ten :)
>
> 2009/7/6 Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>:
>
>> Juan Sequeda wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Everybody,
>>>
>>> In a recent thread there was a lot of discussion of how the content
>>> negotiation through .htaccess can be complicated. Several people started to
>>> send their solutions to this problem through PHP and Python scripts. I
>>> believe that these solutions are a very important resource for the whole LOD
>>> community. Hence, Tom and I have set up a section on linkeddata.org
>>> <http://linkeddata.org> on Content Negotiation:
>>>
>>> http://linkeddata.org/conneg-303-redirect-code-samples
>>>
>>> Currently we have examples in PHP and Python. There is a RoR script on the
>>> way too! If anybody else has any other code examples of how to do Content
>>> Negotiation, please let me know so we can add your link on the website!
>>>
>>> Thanks to everybody who has contributed!
>>>
>>> Juan Sequeda, Ph.D Student
>>> Dept. of Computer Sciences
>>> The University of Texas at Austin
>>> www.juansequeda.com <http://www.juansequeda.com>
>>> www.semanticwebaustin.org <http://www.semanticwebaustin.org>
>>>
>> Juan / Tom,
>>

> Hi Kingsley,
>

>> Nice addition.
>>

> Thanks. Juan did the work, I just greased the wheels :)
>

>> Please make this an entry under "Guides & Tutorials". Otherwise, add a
>> "How-To" section.
>>

> If someone wants to write a language-neutral guide to using these code
> snippets that would be great, and would make a good entry in the
> Guides and Tutorials section. Until then I'll leave the code samples
> under Tools, as putting them under Guides without the guide bit would
> probably only make the situation worse.

Okay, lets try: Linked Data Deployment utlilities or scripts.

We are both seeking clarity.

Inadvertently conflating PHP scripts, Apache etc.. with the generic
concept of "Linked Data Deployment" simply doesn't solve anything, really.
>> Also, do clearly express that this is about "Linked Data Deployment" using Apache.
>>

> Is this actually the case? I would assume that the majority of the
> code is reusable as-is on other web servers that support the language
> in question, with just a small amount of porting required to adapt the
> .htaccess specifics.

As you've stated: "..with just a small amount of porting required to
adapt the .htaccess specifics." which implies inadvertent conflation.

Since these scripts are fundamentally about dealing with ".htaccess"
simply make this crystal clear.

>> Tom: I would also suggest inserting some RDFa into these pages i.e. enhance the page metadata.
>>

> Yes, this would be good. I'll find a moment to explore the RDF modules
> for Drupal and take appropriate actions.

Okay, assuming you can't do this by hand short-term.

--

Regards,

President & CEO