RIF at Last Call

From: Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 03 Jul 2009 12:18:00 -0400
To: semantic-web@w3.org
cc: www-rdf-rules@w3.org

The RIF Last Call drafts were just published:

    http://www.w3.org/News/2009#item123

My micro-summary would be: it's time to look at switching from SWRL,
etc, to RIF Core.  Only the RIF XML syntax is being standardized, not
any presentation syntax.

Please review the drafts and send us any comments by the end of July, at
the comments address given in the drafts.  We want to get into doing
implementations very soon, and have this thing wrapped up in the fall.

See also:

    http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wiki/RIF_FAQ

Thanks.

     -- Sandro Hawke,  W3C Staff Contact
        Rule Interchange Format (RIF) Working Group