Re: Schism in the Semantic Web community.

We had a number of numeric terms that we could not store as RDF/XML
'in their native form' the way we wanted, so they were published with
an underscore in front and a prefLabel attribute. Don't know if that's
the question you asked, but addresses the point of whether people
really run into this. I agree it's a problem with RDF/XML and
shouldn't be worked around in OWL.

john