Re: My Web Site Description in OWL

Ah, an interesting one - and something we have grappled with before now.

The problem is that, of course, at a network level there is no such
thing as a Web page, i.e. there's no way to say "if it's an element of
page x then infer fact y." You can really only do that in the browser.

Actually OASIS ORE [1] might do what you want? But, what POWDER is
really good at (indeed designed for) is... if you include some sort of
id in your image URIs - which might be in the path or a query string,
the you can say:

<iriset>
   <includehosts>example.com</includehosts>
   <includepathstartswith>/images</includepathstartswith>
   <includepathcontains>foo</includepathcontains>
</iriset>

And then associate all resources that match that URI structure with a
description (which can, of course, include authorship).

You can create as many Description Resources in a POWDER doc as you
like, and we have defaults as well, so you can say something like:

If it's on example.com and the path starts with /foo then it's by Joe
Bloggs, but if it's anywhere else on example.com then it's by Jane
Smith. I give examples in XML but the GRDDL (XSLT) transform will get
you into RDF/OWL land (note the links in the blog rather than the WG
homepage for now).

This may or may not help!

Phil.

[1] http://www.openarchives.org/ore/