Re: atlas, landscape map and subject classification scheme for semantic web technologies

Marco, thanks for the pointers

I have used Mill's slides before, (the actual vignette is very funny btw)
but it is a commercial product, therefore each time I use it I must
ask permission (which project x generously grants me on a regular
basis)

And last time I looked it was a static list on pdf, no live urls etc

Deborah's list is probably rather outdated now, and ontoportal, which
I hoped would be the repository for this kind of knowledge, doesnt
load.

I think, however, that what would enable a directory to be updated in
real time of is a kind of rdf schema, that could be
queired/aggregated/parsed by some dynamic script.
So, if each project has a uri containing the project info, say in an
agreed format (name/location/scope/application/people/functionalities/deliverables/publications/tools/consultants/learning/etc),
and each project manager maintained their own uri only, then some neat
semantic query could
compile some uptodate directory, which is always maintained in real
time and uptodate, and then some other intelligent and/or visual layer
could be added on top by the user, in api form or so.

so, it's just a matter of good practice (a uri containing the project
metadata) that is not yet sunk into the semweb community,

is that so? am I oversimplifying the problem? am I wrong?

if so, however, the metadata schema for the resource and the uri for
it should become mandatory for any project and technology that claims
to be semantic