Re: Extending RDFS, property-classes

Jiri,

Note that the common term for this is "reification", not "promotion".

Your proposed ontology, IMO, has somewhat limited utility. It does
allow generalization of an inference rule to generate both sets of
annotations from one or the other, but that doesn't solve the
fundamental missing abstraction. It would seem somewhat ridiculous to
me to have every ontology include both reified and direct forms... for
what end? Surely the reified form does everything the direct form does?

OWL 2 cuts this knot by allowing direct annotations of assertions, but
I don't know a single customer who's thinking about using it (a
chicken/egg problem). (For that matter, I don't know of any widespread
deployments of OWL 1; the most common situation in my experience is
RDFS + simple reasoning.)

-R