Re: live meaning and dead languages

I forgot to make the conclusion to the email below:

The  challenge of the SW is to keep track of reality that is constantly
changing, although some parts of it are more volatile than others

The moment we fix something (take a snaposhot,) it is is always already
obsolete as the real thing will change and the snapshot does not

I think the trick is to be painfully aware of the limitations of our
representations, instead of being fooled into the illusion that when we look
at the representation we look at the real thing
(map is not territory metaphor)

PDM

--
Paola Di Maio