Re: ontology of (open source) licenses?

On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 7:38 PM, John Graybeal
<graybeal@marinemetadata.org>wrote:

> (Sorry, I sent this Aug 13 right after I changed my subscribed email, and I
> can't verify it went through. Trying again.)
>
> Does anyone know of a good ontology, umm, highly structured vocabulary in
> RDF or OWL, of open source licenses?  Ideally it would be reasonably
> complete; not so critical that it be ontologically rich.

Not exactly what you ask for, but the CC-rel design from the Creative
Commons team might be relevant: http://www.w3.org/Submission/ccREL/ (it
allows simple licensing conditions to be expressed, such as attribution
names and URLs.

If you find something interesting, don't forget to share it here :)

cheers,

Dan