Re: Semantic Web panels at SXSW 2010 conference

Hi Corey and all

On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 6:08 PM, Corey Leong <cleong@gr8c.org> wrote:

> Juan --
>
> I've always considered sxsw a conference for "beautiful people" and so
> called "social media gurus" who are more concerned about their fb
> photos or flickr stream.  I deal with these "types" in real estate on
> a daily basis.

Yes, that is completely true! However, my  impression in this last SXSW is
that a lot of attendees were expecting more technical stuff.

That is why I decided to make sure that I could get a lot of people together
to submit technical things related to semantic web at sxsw

> Having said that, if there was a full-day track on semweb topics I
> would actually consider attending sxsw.

This is something that we (Semantic Web Austin as a non-profit) is going to
try to work out with the organizers of SXSW. However, we can't start this
process unless we can show the organizers that these types of panels have
been highly voted for!

> What type of support would you need from those of us who would be
> interested in attending the semantic track at sxsw?

Please vote! and tell everybody you know and who would be interested to
vote. Another idea is maybe blog about this.  The idea is to show the
organizers that there is a lot of interest and if there would be a semantic
web day, they could get an exclusive amount of people to go.

Besides, we would be looking for panelists, and all invited panelist get a
free badge (worth $700!)

> Nice job submitting the panel info btw.

Thanks! It was a joint effort with a lot of people!