Re: [foaf-dev] [foaf-protocols] FOAF sites offline during cleanup

On 29 Apr 2009, at 09:40, Hugh Glaser wrote:

> Hi again.
> A problem I have is that you seem to be encouraging people to use
> your store
> to do research (for example of the sort we have been talking about on
> percentage bnodes) thinking it is on LD, LOD, SW, Web of Data or
> whatever,
> having read claims such as:
> "What we have right now is the LOD-Cloud Warehouse".

Right, I have to say I misunderstood that phrase - I thought it was a
"Warehouse of the LOD cloud", not "A store containing the
LOD(Warehouse) portion of the LOD", not having heard the phrase "LOD
Warehouse" before.

Given that, it's not very surprising that it has so few bNodes in it,
as (even modulo Hugh's comments below) that's not a representative
sample of the LOD world.

Naturally, our sample is equally unrepresentative, as we went about
gathering it in a different way. Perhaps we should compute the Void
stats for the FOAF we harvested, that world is a lot messier place
though, and I'm not sure how well void will express it offhand.

- Steve