Re: [foaf-dev] FOAF sites offline during cleanup

On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 10:18 AM, Ian Davis <iand@internetalchemy.org> wrote:
> Dan,
>
> Sorry to hear about the attack on your server. If there's anything I or
> Talis can do to help, just let me know.
>
> On Sun, Apr 26, 2009 at 9:23 PM, Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org> wrote:
>
>> Thanks everyone for the concern and offers of help. It'll take a few
>> days to figure out the best way to make the Web side of the project more
>> helpable. In the meantime http://www.w3.org/TR/xmldsig-core/ is worth
>> some attention!
>>

> With the lessening emphasis on RDF/XML, shouldn't we be looking at signing
> the triples. I seem to recall a paper by Jeremy Carroll that discussed this.
> Also, now many of us are focussed on bnode-free linked data the problems of
> signing are much easier: serialise as ntriples, sort and sign the result.

Jeremy Carroll's paper on c14n of rdf and signing triples is here:

http://www.hpl.hp.com/techreports/2003/HPL-2003-142.pdf

seeAlso

http://blog.distributedmatter.net/post/2009/03/07/Signing-FOAF-files%3A-FOAF-files-as-certificates

Apologies is this is a double post, the first tripped the "too many
recipients" filter