Re: FOAF sites offline during cleanup

In the case where the data is file based, using a Version Control System
[1] should help a great deal in both of these areas, since a history is
available and it makes it possible to track back or restore data.
However, typical centralized revision control can be vulnerable if the
server hosting the repository is compromized. To solve this,
decentralized revision control [2] can increase the robustness due to
its peer-to-peer approach.

regards,
Stéphane.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revision_control