ANN: SPARQLScript-based SPARQLBot

From: Benjamin Nowack <bnowack@semsol.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 14:54:15 +0200
To: semantic-web@w3.org

Hi all,

I'm pleased to announce a new version of SPARQLBot[1], the small
software wanna-be agent who simplifies access to linked data
and the general Semantic Web. Based on user-defined commands,
the bot can load and integrate information from various sources
and return compact, formatted results.

The command base is freely* extensible with custom SPARQLScript[2]
routines. The latter can federate operations to public SPARQL
endpoints. I'm experimenting with a local cache, some commands
are using that already.

More info is at [3] and [4]. The code is OS, I'll make it
available as a Trice component once that is launched (feel free
to ping me if you are interested in the source already now, it's
not really documented, though).

Thanks to everyone who created the initial commands, most of them
have been ported to the new site.

Have fun,
Benji

* you need an OpenID