Re: Berlin SPARQL Benchmark V2 - Results for Sesame, Virtuoso, Jena TDB, D2R Server, and MySQL

From: Ivan Mikhailov <imikhailov@openlinksw.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 17:04:59 +0700
To: Eyal Oren <eyal@cs.vu.nl>
Cc: semantic-web@w3.org, "public-lod@w3.org" <public-lod@w3.org>

Hello Eyal,

> this benchmark is somewhat unfair as the relational stores have one advantage compared to the
> native triple stores: the relational data structure is fixed (Products,
> Producers, Reviews, etc with given columns), while the triple
> representation is generic (arbitrary s,p,o).
>
> One can question whether such flexibility is relevant in practice, and if
> so, one may try to extract such structured patterns from data on-the-fly.

That will be our next big extension -- updateable RDV Views, as proposed
in http://esw.w3.org/topic/UpdatingRelationalDataViaSPARUL . So we will
be able to load BSBM data as RDF and query them via SPARQL web service
endpoint; thus we will masquerade  the relational storage entirely.

Best Regards,

Ivan Mikhailov,
OpenLink Software
http://virtuoso.openlinksw.com