Triplification Challenge 2008 Winners

From: Sören Auer <auer@informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
Date: Sun, 07 Sep 2008 12:42:21 -0400
To: semantic-web@w3c.org, public-lod@w3.org

Dear all,

We are very pleased to announce that the winners of this years
Triplification Challenge were awarded on September 5th at I-Semantics
2008. The winners are:

1st prize (Macbook Air): *Linked Movie Data Base*
by Oktie Hassanzadeh, Mariano Consens
http://www.linkedmdb.org

2nd prize (eeePC): *DBTune* by Yves Raimond
http://dbtune.org

3rd prize (iPod): *Semantic Web Pipes* by Danh Le Phuoc
http://pipes.deri.org

Further information can be found on the Challenge homepage at:
<http://triplify.org/Challenge>

Some impressions from the award ceremony at I-Semantics after Tom
Heath's keynote "Humans and the Web of Data" are available at:
<http://www.flickr.com/photos/30359552@N08/tags/triplificationchallenge2008>

We are very thankful to those nominees who did not win this year. We are
also grateful to the Challenge sponsors OpenLink, Punkt.NetServices and
InfAI, without the Challenge would not have been possible.

On behalf of the Triplification Challenge organizers

Sören

Sören Auer, AKSW/Computer Science Dept., University of Leipzig
http://www.informatik.uni-leipzig.de/~auer,  Skype: soerenauer