Re: Using OWL for data modeling, was Re: Domain and range are useful Re: DBpedia 3.2 release, including DBpedia Ontology and RDF links to Freebase

From: Chris Dollin <chris.dollin@hp.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 08:27:44 +0000
To: Semantic Web <semantic-web@w3.org>

On Wednesday 19 November 2008 17:37:46 Sandro Hawke wrote:

> I use this example -- with the cardinality of "mother" -- because it's a
> pretty crisp test about which world you're in.  In the real world (give
> or take origin-of-life issues) every human has exactly one biological
> mother.

The person who produced the egg, or the person who carried the
child to term?

It's ontologies all the way down.

--
"It took a very long time, much longer than the most           /Sector General/
 generous estimates."                                             - James White

Hewlett-Packard Limited     Cain Road, Bracknell,                registered no:
registered office:          Berks RG12 1HN                       690597 England