Re: Domain and range are useful Re: DBpedia 3.2 release, including DBpedia Ontology and RDF links to Freebase

Paul Gearon a écrit :
> While I'm here, I also noticed Tim Finin referring to "domain and range
> constraints". Personally, I don't see the word "constraint" as an
> appropriate description, since rdfs:domain and rdfs:range are not
> constraining in any way.

They are constraining the set of interpretations that are models of your
knowledge base. Namely, you constrain Fido to be a person...

But I grant you this is not exactly what most people expect from the
term "constraint"... I also had to do the kind of explainations you
describe...

  pa