Re: Use of Content Management Systems, ranking and usage in Semantic Web

Adrian, thanks for pointer

> One way is to add another level of semantics, via rules in executable
> English.
>
> The rules describe things that have meaning to people, such as
>
>    some-name is an author , with email some-email , of some-title

ahh,, but that I consider trivial, in  a sense, I dont see why I need
an RDF triple to tell me
that   article>>>has>>> author>>>>has >>>email

 that information is already as part of a document if it has a minimal
metadata structure, and the relationship is so simple (has) that the
level of reasoning required is within the capablities of the most
simple intelligent organism or agent

what I was thinking of, when I looked at the contents of my database,
that each noun and verb in the content corresponds to a subject,
predicate or object,

So here my first prob: which elements in my website content do I model.

(Someone told me it depends what you want to do with it.
And I really dont know yet what I want to do with it, thats part of the problem)

Or maybethat question does not matter? Maybe I dont model anything,
but let a 'template' extract the information that it seeks? (assume
the info is tagged properly, i guess I could query it
as   list all the CMS in the database that support versioning )

but then again, given proper structure, wouldnd this query be best done in sql?

For example I think the information in my website
(www.content-wire.com) if properly rdfized  could be used to build an
ontology for CMS (at least populate some of it) as it contains
historical data for at least 3 years (assuming someone would want to
have the history of cms in an ontology)

Thats the kind of thinking I need to spend a bit more time on, and
find the right tools to do
i guess other CMS admins the same, unless some future version of
drupal is going to make it all happen for me.. <grin>

pdm

--
Paola Di Maio
School of IT