Re: Obsoleting URIs [was: URIs and Unique IDs]

http://www.w3.org/2006/link#obsoletes does indeed raise problems:
according to its comment, "[The terms] are synonymous, but subject is
preferred to the object. Logically similar to owl:sameAs, but not
symmetric."

I'm not sure what "logically similar" implies, but if the terms are
synonymous, then
  :a link:obsoletes :b .
should imply
  :b link:obsoletes :a .
which makes link:obsoletes defacto symetrical.

In fact, links:obsoletes obviously applies to *the URI* of the resource
rather than the resource itself, so David's second proposal sounds more
appropriate. Unfortunately, it is not valid RDF...

A possible solution seems to rather use subproperties of
http://www.w3.org/2006/link#uri , e.g. :obsoleteUri and :preferedUri,
all ranging to xsd:anyURI .

 my 2ยข

  pa