Re: [Semantic_Web] How to represent folksonomy tags in RDF

some interesting thoughts here:
http://librarytechnz.natlib.govt.nz/2008/09/adding-tags-to-dc-metadata.html

has anyone tried to map the different ontological definitions of a "tag"
already mentioned? i doubt they are all owl:equivalentClass...

thomas

On 23.10.08 11:06, "Rob Styles" <rob.styles@talis.com> wrote:

> How bizarre that I read this thread this morning, it's exactly what I
> started modelling yesterday!
>
> So far I have a BookmarkFolder (from sioc types http://rdfs.org/sioc/types)
>   that contains Bookmarks from the Annotea ontology, but using the
> older URI http://www.w3.org/2002/01/bookmark which gives back RDF+XML
> if you ask for it. I got that URI from the sioc documentation.
>
> I'm confused as to why http://www.w3.org/2002/01/bookmark states that
> "A bookmark must have at least one hasTopic property." but the RDFS
> doesn't try document any constraint so I'm not sure what to make of
> that.
>
> For tagging I'm considering either using
> http://www.holygoat.co.uk/projects/tags/
>   in all it's glorious richness, or simply using hasTopic from
> http://www.w3.org/2002/01/bookmark
>   to do something simpler in the short term.
>
> rob
>

> On 15 Oct 2008, at 09:40, Danny Ayers wrote:
>

>> 2008/10/14 pantagruel <rasmussen.bryan@gmail.com>:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I would like to make an extension to the Annotea Bookmarking schema
>>> http://www.w3.org/2003/07/Annotea/BookmarkSchema-20030707 that allows
>>> for representing folksonomy tagging about any particular bookmark.
>>>
>>> Can anyone point me to how one represents tags in RDF, I guess since
>>> tags are held as being '2/3s of an RDF triple' that I will just have
>>> to have an element <myns:tags>tags for bookmark here</myns:tags> and
>>> then parse those tags out as needed, but can anyone point to any
>>> better ideas, tools, schemas, etc.
>>
>> Some related vocabularies:
>>
>> Tag Ontology
>> http://www.holygoat.co.uk/projects/tags/