Re: RDFS / OWL to HTML

Hi Sergio,

 >I don't agree to use XML tools to work over RDF or OWL. IMO this a

 >common error: even if we're working over its serialization in RDF/XML,
 >treat it as XML is not the best approach.

I think your statement is too general. While I fully agree that one
should not operate on RDF/XML data at the XML level **when handling
content**, I think it can be a fair approach to do so for rendering
vocabularies. Quite clearly, OWL2XHTML cannot list implicit things in
the given OWL ontology; still it is a handy, lightweight way of
generating a nice documentation of a given ontology. Stil, the resulting
linear documentation has been judged useful by quite some people - for
an example using our script, see http://purl.org/goodrelations/v1.

Note that we are **not** proposing to use XML transformations  **for
handling data or knowledge bases**, but just for displaying conceptual
elements in a Web ontology. The former will quite clearly not work well,
because there are so many syntactical variants of expressing the same
meaning, so either the result will be incomplete or the script will be
overly complex, because it would have to implement the full semantics of
the underlying language.

Best

Martin