Re: Ontologies with standard behavior of an information domain

From: Zille Huma <zille.huma@upb.de>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 14:36:23 +0200
To: Alan Ruttenberg <alanruttenberg@gmail.com>
CC: semantic-web@w3.org

Actually, My interest is to use ontologies in business domain and then
define the semantics of web services on the basis of these business
ontologies. For example, in the given example, the semantics of a
HotelBooking web service can be defined more precisely with an
underlying tourism ontology. Thanks for mentioning the ontologies that
also contain standard behavior information. I am more curious about how
the behavior can be captured in ontology, i.e., what is the structure of
any behavioral node in an ontology.  What in your opinion is a better
way to capture behavioral information in an ontology, e.g., behavior may
be captured in the form of business process or stand alone activities, etc.

Zille