W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > semantic-web@w3.org > May 2008

Re: Semantic Technology in Enterprise Computing

From: Adrian Walker <adriandwalker@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 4 May 2008 16:32:15 -0400
Message-ID: <1e89d6a40805041332t1a5d7044hc605c285414a5fa8@mail.gmail.com>
To: "Tony Shaw" <anthonypetershaw@yahoo.com>
Cc: semantic-web@w3.org
Hi Tony --

You wrote

*If you have any specific suggestions about the topics of future webcasts to
help bridge these gaps, I'd love to hear your suggestions.*

Perhaps querying RDF and other data, via business rules in executable
English [1,2,3,4] may be of interest for a future webcast?

                                    -- Adrian

Adrian Walker
Reengineering


[1]
www.reengineeringllc.com/A_Wiki_for_Business_Rules_in_Open_Vocabulary_Executable_English.pdf

[2]
www.reengineeringllc.com/Oil_Industry_Supply_Chain_by_Kowalski_and_Walker.pdf

[3] www.reengineeringllc.com/ibldrugdbdemo1.htm   (Flash video with audio)

[4] Internet Business Logic
A Wiki and SOA Endpoint for Executable Open Vocabulary English over SQL
Online at www.reengineeringllc.com    Shared use is free




On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 3:18 PM, Tony Shaw <anthonypetershaw@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>
> Dave McComb (author of the book, Semantics in Business Systems) ran a
> webcast last week focused on semantics in enterprise computing.  The archive
> version is viewable here, for free:
>
> http://media.allgames.com/wilshire/semantic.wmv
>
> As the title suggests, the focus is enterprise computing rather than the
> semantic web, and from a technical standpoint it's very basic. However it
> should be useful if you're looking for a resource to help business people
> and corporate IT folks to understand semantic technology.  Or indeed, if
> you're a semweb developer looking for some insight into corporate computing
> issues.
>
> >From our perspective at Semantic Universe (we run the Semantic Technology
> Conference), the ignorance and mis-conceptions amongst enterprise computing
> departments about the semantic web are just enormous.  So hopefully we can
> start to fill that gap with this and future programs.
>
> If you have any specific suggestions about the topics of future webcasts
> to help bridge these gaps, I'd love to hear your suggestions.  Thanks,
>
> Tony Shaw
> Semantic Universe
> www.semanticuniverse.com
>
> See You at SemTech!
> May 18-22, 2008
> San Jose Fairmont
>
>
>
>
>  ____________________________________________________________________________________
> Be a better friend, newshound, and
> know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile.  Try it now.
> http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ
> --0-159250358-1209755891=:34899
> Content-Type<http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ--0-159250358-1209755891=:34899Content-Type>:
> text/html; charset=us-ascii
>
> <html><head><style type="text/css"><!-- DIV {margin:0px;}
> --></style></head><body><div style="font-family:times new roman, new york,
> times, serif;font-size:12pt"><div>Dave McComb (author of the book, <span
> style="font-style: italic;">Semantics in Business Systems</span>) ran a
> webcast last week focused on semantics in enterprise computing.  The archive
> version is viewable here, for free:<br><br><a title="
> http://media.allgames.com/wilshire/semantic.wmv" href="
> http://media.allgames.com/wilshire/semantic.wmv" target="_blank">
> http://media.allgames.com/wilshire/semantic.wmv</a><br><br>As the title
> suggests, the focus is enterprise computing rather than the semantic web,
> and from a technical standpoint it's very basic. However it should be useful
> if you're looking for a resource to help business people and corporate IT
> folks to understand semantic technology.  Or indeed, if you're a semweb
> developer looking for some insight into corporate computing
>  issues.<br><br>From our perspective at Semantic Universe (we run the <a
> href="http://www.semantic-conference.com">Semantic Technology
> Conference</a>), the ignorance and mis-conceptions amongst enterprise
> computing departments about the semantic web are just enormous.  So
> hopefully we can start to fill that gap with this and future
> programs.<br><br>If you have any specific suggestions about the topics of
> future webcasts to help bridge these gaps, I'd love to hear your
> suggestions.  Thanks,<br><br>Tony Shaw<br>Semantic Universe<br><a href="
> http://www.semanticuniverse.com">www.semanticuniverse.com</a><br><br><a
> href="http://www.semantic-conference.com">See You at SemTech!</a><br>May
> 18-22, 2008<br>San Jose Fairmont<br></div></div><br>
>
>      <hr size=1>Be a better friend, newshound, and
> know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. <a href="
> http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=51733/*http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ"> Try it now.</a></body></html>
> --0-159250358-1209755891=:34899--
>
>
>
Received on Sunday, 4 May 2008 20:32:48 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 26 March 2013 21:45:22 GMT