Re: ANN: semanticweb.org

+cc: RDF calendar list

Denny Vrandečić wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> we are proud to announce the relaunch of semanticweb.org
>
> semanticweb.org is a Semantic MediaWiki installation that gathers data
> about tools, persons, concepts, events, organizations, and publications
> on, around, and about the Semantic Web.
>
> The site provides cool URIs (as certified by the cool URI note authors,
> thanks Richard and Leo!) for everything, a SPARQL endpoint, several
> exports, and much more. We will see how the data from semanticweb.org
> can be reused in your applications.
>
> If you are at the WWW currently, come to tomorrow's presentation of
> Kalpana, semanticweb.org and the newest developments on Semantic
> MediaWiki, during the Dev Track Sessions from 10:30-12:00. There will be
> opportunities to ask questions, raise issues, make wishes, discussion etc.
>
> Kalpana is a tool for the easy reuse of semantic data inside your website.
>
> There will be a more detailed mail next week, if you want more
> information before that, pass by tomorrow :)

This is really sweet! Great to see that site come back to live. Wish I
could've been in China ... if you folks have any trip-reports to share,
do post them here.

Now, on to the feature requests!

  * http://semanticweb.org/wiki/Events ... can we get iCal feeds?
  * OpenID would be lovely too. Any chance of that?

Re OpenID, I generated a FOAF Group description from the OpenIDs of
everyone who has edited wiki.foaf-project.org (hmm I should crontab it).
It is a nice way of building a grassroots list of the OpenIDs of people
active in the RDF/SWIG and FOAF community. We could also take such a
list and poke around to find blog RSS feeds etc. to auto-generate
'planet' aggregators, lots of possible applications I think.

Re Calendar stuff, see http://semanticweb.org/wiki/Talk:Events also for
requests/suggestions. The Events page is great. And anything we can do
to move conference CFPs into a more automation-friendly mode would be a
great help to all our mailboxes I think.

Again, nice work. I look forward to hearing more on what's planned...

cheers,

Dan

--
http://danbri.org/