Re: [Linking-open-data] GSoC semantification projects

I and a couple other DSpace commiters are mentors for the DSpace GSoC
project.... If anyone out there has a student thats interested in
working with java, cocoon, rdf and working with semantic web recs/
standards. There is an interesting project here...

http://code.google.com/soc/2008/dspace/about.html
http://wiki.dspace.org/index.php/Summer_of_Code_Ideas#Search.
2C_Browse.2C_Discovery_and_Semantic_Web

Cheers,
Mark

On Mar 25, 2008, at 7:41 AM, Sören Auer wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Seems like nowbody of the broader Semantic Web community became a
> mentor
> of this years Google summer of code [1]. :-(
> However, there seem to be some semantification projects appearing: The
> PHP Content Management System Joomla! for example aims at integrating
> Triplify [2] within a GSoC project:
>
> http://docs.joomla.org/Code_04000
>
> Also the Drupal community is actively discussing to integrated
> Semantic
> Web and Linked Data interfaces [3]. Probably also a number of other
> GSoC
> mentoring projects would be interested to see an integration of
> semantic
> technology.
> Since many of us work with students this could be an excellent
> opportunity to involve young people into practical Semantic Web (and
> open source) related projects: Students can earn $5000 during the
> summer, they have to apply on or suggest a suitable project to one of
> the GSoC mentors and work on it during the summer. However, time is
> running out - the application deadline ends March 31st.
>
> Sören
>
> BTW: GSoC participants will also be eligible to participate in the
> Triplification Challenge [4] we are currently preparing.
>
> [1] http://code.google.com/soc/2008/
> [2] http://triplify.org/
> [3] http://groups.drupal.org/semantic-web
> [4] http://triplify.org/Challenge

Mark R. Diggory - DSpace Developer and Systems Manager
MIT Libraries, Systems and Technology Services
Massachusetts Institute of Technology