Re: Vultures Re: what happened to schemaweb.info?

So now we see implication of semantics in stark relief.
The totemic attachment to different animals that works on so many different
levels and implies so many different things to different people, depending
on context and everything that feeds into the notion of context, for
instance, country, profession, social exchange context, current situation
such as politics and on and on. Of course no means of classification could
encompass this, there is no accurate way of doing so. Language has to speak
for itself. Classification should not be used to round the sharp edges
either. About animals, there are human sensibilities that differ hugely
between people. And about people remember even the ideal of cooperation,
which is being mentioned here, is not shared by everyone. Some think that -
how ever they put it - every one for themselves is more honest and
realistic, therefore more morally desirable!
As to the work of the Falcon team it really does seem brilliant to me. It
can be downloaded, check with them about caveats. I would love to have the
opportunity to integrate it into the system I am working on - maybe one day!
The demo is impressive and gives a good idea about what it happening.
I am interested in the last part of this explanation, "C_apturing knowledge
from
the web via an _ON_tology-driven approach"
I think at the moment the idea is to read in RDFa or does this include
classification and creating an ontology from HTML pages?
I am a bit unclear about this.
Either way it could be used in an intranet. I'm interested to know what the
consideration would be in this case?
What should be available to the classifier, at the moment we have our own
classifier, Automomy's Verity. I imagine that something like Falcon might
take the taxonomy built by Verity as a starting point and arrange it into an
ontology by going back into the document repository? I am speculating.
Any ideas?
Adam